This agency has school readiness programs. You can apply for Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten and more. See the website for more information.
You are searching for Family Assistance Services
The aim of this agency is to prevent the abandonment of newborns. Women who have an unexpected pregnancy can find help here. Safe Haven is a safety net for mothers and their newborns. They help new mothers before they reach the crisis stage. Clients can get information and advice about adoption and parenting. Please see the website for more information.
24-Hour/Multilingual Helpline: 1.877.767.2229
The aim of this agency is to help protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and neglect. The Hotline gets calls, faxes and web based reports from concerned citizens.
Anyone who suspects that a child has been abused needs to report it to the Florida Abuse Hotline. Failure to do so is considered a felony.
Florida Abuse Hotline: 1.800.962.2873
The Florida Abuse Hotline receives calls, faxes, and web based reports about possible abuse or neglect of children and vulnerable adults. Anyone who suspects a child is being abused is obligated to report it. Failure to do so is a felony. There is also a web based course designed for teachers.
Please see the website for more details.
People with certain disabilities may apply for services from APD.
Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) may offer the following services:
- Medicaid HCBS Waiver through iBudget Florida
- Placement in an intermediate care facility for those with developmental disabilities
- Supported employment services
- Supported living services
- Consumer Directed Care Plus (CDC+)
- IFS funding for non-waiver customer expenses
Please call for more information.
The Alachua County Victim Services and Rape Crisis Center offers a program to help anyone who is a victim or survivor of violence. Victims do NOT have to report to law enforcement to receive services. All services are free and confidential.
- Immediate outreach to victims of sexual battery
- Face-to-face and telephone counseling
- Support groups
- Accompany and support victims through criminal justice proceedings
- Transportation to court appearances and other appointments related to the victimization
- Assist with application process for Victims Compensation and relocation for Sexual Assault Victims
- Assistance with Protective Injunctions
- Emergency assistance with urgent special needs
- Personal advocacy
- Information and referral
- Community education, speeches, and consultation
- Network with other victim service providers and state organization
- Outreach services provided in the Gainesville Police Department
- HIV Test Site
Please contact for more information.
This group serves District 16.
Please call for information.
Answers for parents is a free hotline that may be able to help parents with a troubled teen or young adult.
Call for more info.
Victim Services provides support for victims of domestic violence. An advocate can go with the clilent to medical exams and court. The advocate's goal is to help the victim and explain any questions he or she may have about the legal process. The agency offers counseling and criminal justice support. It also provides information and referrasl.
Please see the website for all services.
The BCHD offers vaccinations to children and adults. They are FREE TO ALL CHILDREN 6 weeks thru 18 years old.
Vaccines prevent serious and/or deadly diseases.
Many adult vaccines are available. Adults may pay on a sliding fee scale.
Influenza vaccine is available for adult & child each fall and winter.
Please see the website for schedules and payment options.