The ongoing focus of Child Health Services is to stress prevention, early problem identification and parent education.
The Child Health Program provides
- Health education and referrals
- Nursing assessment and intervention
- School physicals
- Vision and hearing screenings
- WIC certification/recertification
Services include communicable disease control including:
- Childhood immunizations
- HIV risk assessment and testing
- Testing for tuberculosis
Immunizations are free for children age 4 weeks through age 18 years. There is no appointment necessary. The office hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5 pm except on the 4th Friday.