The Salvation Army of Martin County provides social services to the community.
They may be able to help you with the follow:
- Rent or mortgage
- Utility payment
In order to be interviewed for possible assistance, the following is required:
- You must be a resident of Martin County
- Photo IDs for applicant and every adult in the household, and birth certificates for children – some form of identification is needed
- Current proof of income from last 4 weeks (pay stubs, summary from SSI, DCF, Disability, Workman’s Comp., etc)
- If seeking assistance with rent or mortgage; you must provide a three-to-five days eviction notice and copy of lease (if notice is handwritten, it must be notarized b landlord), or late notice for mortgage assistance
- If seeking assistance with food, you must provide proof you have previously applied for or are in the process of applying for food stamps – if you do not have proof, you will be given USDA food only
- They need proof of reason as to why you are in need of assistance
Please call to see if you qualify for assistance. Interviews may take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more on a case-by-case basis.